Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

A Day in the Country ...

 "These people have learned not from books, but in the fields, in the wood, on the river bank. Their teachers have been the birds themselves, when they sang to them, the sun when it left a glow of crimson behind it at setting, the very trees, and wild herbs."
―Anton Chekhov, "A Day in the Country
 
 
There is nothing I like more than a change of scenery preferably somewhere like a nature reserve.  So we crossed the border into Northamptonshire and visited the Tichmarsh Nature Reserve at Aldwincle.  It was just what I needed and lifted my spirits no end.  Somewhere like this with water and trees unusual insects and wildflowers brings me to my happy place where I suddenly feel calm and it makes my heart swell - just observing what is around me and drinking it all in - a day in the wild.  I have missed all this while I have been busy at home feeling stifled and claustrophobic - here, I am in my element.  I felt refreshed and renewed and just a little tired after a long walk.  And I think to myself - why didn't we do this sooner!
 
 







 
Until next time


Elaine




 
 
 

 
 


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar