This week I'm sharing five things from my week. It's been a busy one. My birthday was yesterday and I turned (gasp) 46. I can't believe it. Where have the years gone? My kids are all grown up. Hubby and I are re-learning how to go places with just the two of us and our nest is (almost empty).
On Tuesday I got together with a couple of friends from a place I used to work. We went out to eat, natter and catch up on some gossip. A perfect way to spend an evening!
Thursday my daughter Rach came to visit, we spent the day shopping and then went back to her place in Lansing.
We shared wine and dessert - yummy chocolate cake and macaroons - and watched a movie.
Her recently adopted shelter dog is so sweet and cuddly!
Today we braved the drive to Detroit and went to the zoo. Wow. What an adventure! Who knew the zoo would be so busy! It is massive. I didn't realise the zoo would be so big. Detroit, the city, doesn't have such a good reputation but the zoo is well worth a visit - the parking is not so good though.
It was quite a warm day today and a lot of the animals were finding shelter where they could.
Others were being out there for all to see.
Some were too busy digging holes to look at anyone!
My favourites were the penguins. They have a new home. We could see it snowing in their home. You could walk in a tunnel under the water and watch them swimming above you.
Tomorrow we're back in Lansing for the Spring Arts & Crafts show. The weather is supposed to be lovely. I'm hoping we'll have time to stop by one of my favourite places to eat. I really fancy pizza and their breadsticks are so yummy!
Finally on Monday and Tuesday hubby and I are taking a trip up to Traverse City. We will be taking walks by the lake and checking out a couple of Lighthouses. Hopefully I'll have pictures to share early next week. We're also going by Sleeping Bear Dunes. The weather is supposed to be great!
Thanks for sharing what I've been up to and what I'm going to be doing. We'll be using our hard-earned holiday fund to do some of this! I'm going to put my feet up for a bit - my ankle is not thanking me for walking so much today - and I'll be off to see what others have been up to.




0 Yorumlar