Pattern book arrived, mum approved so.....
I have decided to knit the jacket body in one piece, having smooth sides without joins does please me so much, and I do hate sewing up. This is a very simple design, the button boarders are knitted as you go, I am also going to knit each sleeve on the round. This is for Will, I should have to knit it much longer as Will is tall for his age, as is George, and I can make the sleeves longer as well and they can have a better fit. I'm enjoying knitting this design. I used a new ball of yarn, and have finished my 5th square, and the colours are placed differently, which is the look I wanted, I have just cast on the 6th square, I do have half a plan forming in my head, but most of my time will be spent on knitting the jackets.
I've pushed on with this, which needs to be finished by early December, it's going to to gifted to the lady who taught me sign language, she taught us all how to sign this song and it is full of meaning, of happy times together. Plus knowing BSL, has helped me learn Makaton to use with George.
I normally knit with 4ply, these jackets are DK and it feels so thick, and when I go back to my squares they feel so thin, but the jackets are going to be so warm for the boys. I did unpick a few rows, the 2nd button hole did not sit right, I was thinking about it alot, so I decided to unpick and redo, I know no-one would have noticed, but I was not happy. I don't have a time frame to get these jackets done, but it's cold so they will need them ASAP.
I have been thinking of Christmas, so I have a few different projects to make, and my cards, so I am planning for a creative November, all of my socks have been made, I am hoping to make myself a new pair, but it's not important to get them done, I do have one pair I have not worn as yet. I always give the boys a tree decoration, this year I am hoping to make them, using glass fusion, I have the design in my head.
Saturday we had the evening with daughter, SIL, Will and George, started off as a spooky night, then went into Strictly dancing before bed, we enjoyed a nice curry takeaway, family time, I think we will watch Strictly again this afternoon. it's very windy outside and grey skies, so no plans to go far, cosy day at home, the garden is covered in leaves, how quickly they are falling this year.
So here we are again, going into lockdown, it won't make much difference to hubby and I, we are not going out much, and not visiting anyone other than daughter, with the relentless rain our garden is off limits, which is sad, but I have loads of crafting I can do. Won't be able to see daughter, Will and George, it's only a short period and hopefully if everyone behaves we can be a family doing things together again.
Thank you for your comments on my last post, our neighbours will never move, we don't want to move, we love our home and this area, so we try and ignore their flare ups, but we are waiting for retribution from them if the planning permission goes through. It is easier knowing how they react, most of the time we ignore them, and wish them to ignore us.


0 Yorumlar