Its been such a lovely day here at Chelmarsh Towers, much too nice to stay inside, so I wombled down to the greenhouse armed with my recycling and set to planting seeds for the veg garden.
Here we have the mushroom trays and the beef steak trays from the other day, all washed and ready for use. First I used a craft knife to make little holes in the brown trays for drainage, I used craft knives from £land, I think you get about 10 on card for a quid, they have snap off blades and last ages. Next 1 filled with compost, gave a good watering and sprinkled on some Broccoli seeds and Cauliflower seeds, popped on the see through lid and there we have a mini propagator all for free!
Here you can see all my recycled tubs put to good use.
I had some cabbage seedlings to pot on, you can see my seed tray full of damp compost and the fab homemade "holemaker" that my hubby made last year from a bit of wood and some plugs and screws. Its absolutely brilliant and makes such a neat job, you just press it into the compost and voila you have perfectly spaced holes for your seedlings. Makes a boring job quick and easy.
As you can see all neat and tidy. Plenty plants for us and a few to swap with my friend.
While I was gardening my lovely hubby decided it was time to spruce up the caravan and give it a lovely soapy wash after the long winter. It was really manky but now its lovely and shiny and all ready for the off. We have has this van for nearly 8 years, bought whilst we were both working and knowing that it would provide us with lots of fab cheap holidays for many years. I love my caravan, hubby says its because I was a deprived child and never had a wendy house lol. We took the decision to buy our first cararan 19 years ago and during that time we have had some fabulous holidays and met lots of lovely like minded people. We are so fortunate to live in such a beautiful country, even when the weather is carp there are plenty of stunning views to admire. I can't wait to be on the move!
After a busy day spent in the garden we had a lovely easy and very tasty tea. Roasted veg from the freezer (from last years produce) I actually found 3 tubs of it in the bottom of the freezer, what a lucky find...yum... Yesterday I cooked extra new potatoes so I could saute the leftovers with a couple of mushrooms and a few green beans and peas, we had greek salad yesterday and there was a bit of feta to use up too.
It probably looks a bit of a mish mash but it tasted delicious ans well under a £1 each.
Thankyou for looking xxx

0 Yorumlar