Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Pros and Cons of being an #author


September, already? Wow! Another school year begun and back to scrounging up time to write...

Welcome to my IWSG post this month. The question of the month is:

How do you find the time to write in your busy day?

Coincidentally, I had already started writing this post to share for IWSG this month! I'll start by telling you some Pros and Cons of being a writer:
Time is the real key isn't it? Time is money. And being a writer takes a TON of time. Unfortunately that equation doesn't balance out. Being a writer doesn't make a TON of money. And since we must make money to live, we must work other jobs and write when we can.

So, you have to make time to write. I write every day. Whether it's a little or a lot, I just do. Ever since I discovered I was a writer, I've had to write. I write to calm down, to express thoughts, to organize ideas, to communicate. Some of it gets tossed, some of it thrives and turns into bigger and better things.

But the key to successful writing is carving out time to write it and perfect it.

The things we want to do most get the most attention. No matter how busy life gets, if you really want to write, you will write. (Yes, my laundry pile is getting mighty high and I would probably feed the dust bunnies before I banished them...writers must make sacrifices!)

Here are some survey questions for you and your writing time, if you can spare a moment!

  1. When is your favorite time to write?
  2. How do you squeeze in time to write?
  3. How long does it take you to write a novel?
  4. Do you set daily/monthly goals for your writing?

And thanks again to my helpers with my CRADLE ROCK cover reveal! If you'd like to join in for the Release Party Tour, let me know! I have plenty of articles I can guest post! Here's the form.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar